Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Decorating with Antique Books


I love decorating with old books.  Right now I am really into the heavily embossed covers of late 1800's books.  I want to get a ledge shelf to display my collection and let them become an art piece in their own way.  I have been collecting heavily embossed books for years; I don't seek them out, they find me.  I was selling some books the other day at Browsers Books to get a guidebook for hiking and one such book found me.  The vintage children's books are located right next to the door and I could not resist a look (see right) and what I found was beautiful!  After I have it up and displayed I will show you but for now here is a photo of a book still available there with some nice embossing.

The book I choose was fifteen dollars but because I took in three old books to trade it only ended up costing me 50 cents what a deal!

No comments: