Friday, October 10, 2008

Time to Cozy Up!

Earlier this week the weather was feeling a bit chilly and I noticed the leaves were turning. I had tried to avoid the recognition that fall was coming of a few weeks now. But this was the turning point – I needed to embrace it or become totally delusional. Fall is beautiful in Corvallis and it looks as though it will again this year so I opted to embrace the season.

So I curled up on my sofa with a cup of tea and began to sew. One of the great things about Corvallis is that there are so many crafty stores to choose from. Quiltwork Patches on 3rd street has some really unique fabric and Creative Craft and Frame also has a fabric section. Thrifting fabric is also good especially at the OSU Folk Thrift Store downtown! Above is the quilt block pattern for what I am making!

It took a few hours to cut out all of my pieces but I was very happy when they were laid out all ready to sew!

I just finished the block last night and I will show you a photo soon. It was a great lazy afternoon curled up with my cat and my cup of jo! I’m sure it will be even better when it snows!

No comments: